This is a review of Psychotic Disorders. You must answer 80% of the questions correctly to continue to the next lesson.
0 of 4 Questions completed
You have already completed the review before. Hence you can not start it again.
Review is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the review.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 4 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Which of the following facts about psychotic patients is FALSE:
While auditory hallucinations are the most common type of psychiatric symptom, patient may also exhibit delusions. Match the delusion with its description.
- Belief that objects or persons have control over him. This patient has a control delusion.
- An exaggerated sense of importance or power. This delusion can be combined with religiosity. (“I am Jesus Christ.”)
- Belief that others intend the patient harm. This patient also expresses a persecution-type delusion.
- Irrational belief that all objects and actions refer to the patient. “All the articles in this magazine are talking about me in code.”
- Delusions based on body function. A 65 year-old woman saying “I know I am pregnant even though the doctor says I am not.”
Which of the following are important considerations when caring for a patient with psychosis:
In addition to medication, patients with a history of a psychotic condition also benefit with